During the day the following will be explored:
- The importance of real, first hand experiences
- The benefits of free flow and child-led learning
- Loose parts, nature and creativity
Delivered by Early Education this full day course is for those who are passionate about offering exciting opportunities outdoors for all children. Participants are encouraged to bring with them examples of good practice within their setting. There will be opportunities for these to be shared and for discussion of particularly successful strategies employed by participants.
The outdoors offers the potential for rich learning opportunities for all children. This course will consider the value of first hand experiences and how practitioners can ensure that the outdoor environment offers these. There will be discussion about the importance of children being immersed in nature and how loose parts play can encourage all children to be creative outdoors. Whilst considering the role of the practitioner there will be an exploration of the meaning of child led learning and how this can be encouraged and supported.
Following this course you will be able to:
- Assess your current practice and consider how you may enhance your environment
- Be confident in your ability to offer first hand experiences outdoors that allow children to explore their creativity
Teachers, HLTAs,TAs, PVI Setting Staff, PVI Managers/Owners