This course will help teachers develop rich mathematical tasks to support their pupils as they investigate, make conjectures, use problem-solving strategies, apply their mathematical understanding, verify solutions and use mathematical language. We will consider the use of rich mathematical tasks to support pupils’ reasoning skills and increase engagement. We will have the opportunity to design “low threshold high ceiling” tasks to support all pupils and share existing good practice.
This session will provide opportunities to:
- Consider how the use of rich mathematical tasks can increase challenge and engagement.
- Design rich mathematical tasks for your own pupils
- Investigate a variety of rich tasks and activities
You will be able to:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of mathematical tasks
- Design effective rich mathematical tasks
- Increase challenge for all
Subject Leaders, Teachers