This course explores key issues around cultural inclusivity and the promotion of British values with a focus on how to make your classroom inclusive for a range of learners We will consider practical classroom strategies that teachers can employ to help pupils question and reflect on what they see and hear in the media. There will also be opportunities to consider how to deal with racist incidents and to handle discussions with respect and tolerance, including those concerning controversial issues.
You will have opportunities to:
- consider Race, Culture and Diversity in the context of an inclusive curriculum and the responsibility to promote British Values within our Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural provision for pupils;
- reflect on actions needed to implement inclusive learning and teaching in your classroom; and
- consider procedures for dealing with, reporting and recording racial incidents
By the end of the session you will:
- know what constitutes an inclusive classroom; and
- know how to include British values routinely within your planning and classroom practice.