This course will provide an opportunity to explore mathematics Teaching and Learning in Key Stage 1. We will consider the National Curriculum, mathematical pedagogy, assessment, intervention and recent developments in maths education. We will evaluate ways to improve pupils’ reasoning and application of skills. We will use a variety of tasks to explore strategies to support learning in Key Stage 1.
This session will provide opportunities to consider:
- The Key Stage 1 programmes of study.
- The use of rich mathematical tasks and manipulatives to raise standards
- Engagement and challenge in mathematics lessons.
You will be able to:
- Use the National Curriculum effectively to develop children as mathematicians.
- Evaluate and design rich mathematical tasks to support mathematical learning.
- Develop lesson planning to enhance mathematical reasoning